Taking care of your pools in Jefferson, Missouri may seem relatively simple: keep them clean and pour in some chemicals, but there’s a lot more to keeping your pool in tip-top shape than you may think. When it’s time to soak up the sun and relax by the pool, there are a few basic things you should be doing to keep your pool running at prime condition.
- Check the pH and chlorine levels of your pool once or twice a week. The pH of your pool should remain within the 7.4 to 7.6 range and the chlorine level should be 1.0 to 3.0 parts per million. The best time to test your pool’s water is around 4 hours after all swimmers have left the water and 8 hours after a storm.
- Clean your in-ground pool at least once a week. Skim the surface with a cleaning net and use a vacuum for any debris at the bottom of the pool.
- Apply a pool surface cleaner to the waterline along the pool’s walls with a handy pool brush. This will eliminate waterline stains and help keep your pool looking fresh and brand new.
- Shock the water once every week. Shocking is when you add a large amount of chlorine to the pool to get rid of algae and other contaminants. Follow your manufactuer’s shocking instructions to be sure you’re adding the proper amount of chemicals into your pool’s water.
- Run the filter as often as possible and if affordable, run it constantly during the summer. The water is less likely to become dirty and breed bacteria if it is constantly moving.
For all of the best pools in Jefferson, Missouri and the surrounding areas, contact Little Giant Pool & Spa today at 636-271-2200.