Pool ownership comes with plenty of responsibilities. Safety precautions, maintenance, and cleaning are all tasks you’ll have to handle as a homeowner. The good news is that you can outsource some of these duties to professionals. These contractors know what’s best for your pool. With their help, you can save considerable time, money, and energy.
Cleaning your pool sounds easy enough, but new pool owners quickly realize that this process is far more labor-intensive than they thought. Cleaning a pool doesn’t just mean removing leaves and debris from the water. It also involves administering comprehensive water quality tests and cleaning the filter.
Water quality tests are vital because pools can harbor bacteria and algae. Balancing your pool’s chemicals is essential to keeping your family safe. However, many homeowners don’t have the professional knowledge or equipment to do this on their own. That’s where pool cleaning contractors come in.
By scheduling weekly pool maintenance with a professional, you’ll be able to enjoy your pool without worrying about water quality. Your contractor will take care of pH testing, as well as adjust alkalinity, oxidizer, and stabilizer levels. This will keep your pool’s water in excellent condition, as well as discourage the presence of harmful waterborne contaminants.
When it comes to fiberglass in-ground pools in Missouri, many owners wait until the fall to purchase a cover. Though they’re commonly associated with keeping out leaves and other debris, you don’t need to put off buying yours – and, in fact, you shouldn’t. Here are three reasons to invest in a pool cover today:
- A Better Swimming Experience – You may want to keep leaves out later, but you want to enjoy a swim now. That’s much easier to do without tons of chemicals that can cause everything from skin irritation to asthma aggravation. A pool cover can cut down chemical use by as much as 60 percent.
- Less Evaporation – Keeping water in your pool isn’t cheap, and it gets more expensive in the sweltering heat of summer. Use a cover to reduce evaporation and save money on water costs.
- Year-Round Debris Protection – Leaves might be one of the most visible kinds of debris, but they’re far from alone. Even in the middle of summer, there’s no shortage of things that can clog your filter or lead to tons of time spent with a net in hand. Insects, dog toys, mower clippings, and more won’t take up your day when you protect your pool from incursion with a cover.
So, do you see yourself lazing by the pool with a cold drink and a great book at your side? Alternatively, maybe you want a pool for exercise, doing multiple laps every day. Alternatively, perhaps, you would like a pool to splash around in with the kids. There are no wrong reasons to want a pool. You need to decide what type of pool you want in your backyard.
There are two basic categories of pools — above-ground and in-ground. Those above ground cost much less and can move with you. For more permanence and value, select a pool that is built into the ground. It will cost you more, but it raises the value and appeal of your property.
Then, also, there are different materials from which a pool is made. These include:
- Fiberglass: You have plenty of options with this material for it is available in several sizes, shapes, and colors. Fiberglass in-ground pools in Missouri provide permanence, as well as stability, and can host a chlorine generator.
- Gunite: Known for durability, gunite pools have a rebar framework to make them strong and sturdy. Select the size and shape of your pool according to your landscape.
- Vinyl: These cost-effective liners can be made to fit a pool’s shape and size. The liners cover plastic, concrete, or steel walls.
Ask us to build you fiberglass in-ground pools in Missouri. These pools offer easy installation and come in a wide range of colors, shapes, and sizes.